041 681 6362
What You and I Need To Do
Legal Marriage Documents
What You Can Expect From Me
Ceremonies For All Occasions
Funerals and Memorials
My Services and Fees
About me (Christine)
Creating your Ceremony with Care
I am a
life and marriage celebrant
and it is my privilege and my joy to create and conduct ceremonies of all kinds to celebrate or commemorate the significant moments in people's lives.
. Are you visiting this page because you want to
commit to a life with your beloved?
welcome or celebrate a child?
grieve or farewell someone who has died?
mark a special life moment or transition?
If so I would love to hear from, or meet with, you and talk about the right ceremony for you.
Ceremony and ritual give meaning to, and celebrate, important events and milestones in our lives. I have a deep belief in the importance (and often joy) of ceremony as a way of making space – in time and place, in heart, mind and spirit – to:
focus on the essence of what is most important to you
mark that moment with the people who matter most to you
create uplifting memories and heartfelt connections into the future.
Through ceremony you can communicate and share many important life moments:
celebrate new beginnings
WHY AM I THE RIGHT CELEBRANT FOR YOU?
Your ceremony according to your wishes
– these are personal moments (even if celebrated publicly). So, as your celebrant, I will create a ceremony that is personal and meaningful to you, a ceremony to lift the heart and the spirit, the ceremony that
. To do this I will:
closely and attentively to what you say about what you want (and don't want)
draw on my experience, training and (ever-growing) collection of resources
ideas and suggestions for you to consider
and work with you to create your special ceremony
ensure all legal requirements are met (where appropriate).
High quality training and qualifications
– I trained as a celebrant at
, Melbourne where I completed a Graduate Diploma (Civil Ceremonies) – one of only two university-level celebrancy qualifications offered in Australia. I am an authorised
Commonwealth Registered Marriage Celebrant
, registered since 2008 (see
Valuable experience and skills
– I am experienced in wedding, funeral and other ceremonies. This experience, plus an extensive public sector career, has given me valuable skills and experience in effective listening, research writing, public speaking, events planning and implementation, as well as a good eye for the big picture without losing sight of the detail – all very useful in crafting effective and meaningful ceremonies.
– I love being a celebrant; it feels like the most important thing I have ever done, and I feel so honoured whenever I am invited to create and conduct a ceremony for someone. I aim to provide the best possible service I can and always invite feedback so that I know where I am doing well and where I could do better. My heart is lifted by these comments from clients or their guests:
The most moving wedding I have ever attended.
♥ Thank you so much for the beautiful copy of our ceremony. If ever we have trouble we need only to read it to be reminded of why we chose to marry each other.
♥ We really appreciate the sensitivity with which you have heard us both [in creating the marriage ceremony to suit them].
♥ Thank you very much for Friday, and the lovely present you gave us. We loved the ceremony book and commitment certificate too.
♥ Christine was an inspired choice as funeral celebrant.
♥ Thank you, thank you, thank you! You made our ceremony run so smoothly and it was absolutely beautiful ... Once we have children I promise you we will be using you for their naming ceremonies ... you are amazing!
You can find more client comments on most pages of this website.
Professional and ethical
– I am a member of the Australian Federation of Civil Celebrants which provides important peer support, expert advice and ongoing professional development. My commitment to excellence was publicly recognised in the 2001 Queen's Birthday Honours list when I was awarded the Public Service Medal for outstanding service in the Queensland public sector.
Local to SEQ
– I am based in Ashgrove, Brisbane and offer celebrancy services in and near Brisbane, including the Sunshine Coast, Gold Coast, Toowoomba and northern NSW.
Heartlift Ceremonies~Christine Cuskelly, Celebrant: Ceremonies to lift your heart and spirit
Please submit the form below and I will get back to you within 24 hours!
what you and I need to do
what you can expect from me
legal marriage documents
Other Partnership Ceremonies
Ceremonies for All Occasions
Funerals and Memorials
My Services and Fees